Job Number: 2168240
A Los Angeles University of Medicine and Science is seeking a dynamic Executive Assistant to support their Dean of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies. This position is contract-to-hire and requires strong diplomacy, confidentiality, independent judgement, and initiative on assignments and communications that are sensitive in nature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide confidential, administrative support to the Dean, Undergraduate and Graduate Studies; Maintain calendar, and make conference, travel, and lodging arrangements. Schedule meetings, arrange logistics and prepare materials. Coordinate Dean's Office Unit Meetings. Attend meetings and take minutes.
- Coordinate the preparation, development and production of major documents, such as proposals, manuscripts, and academic policy and program reviews. Coordinate efforts or contributions of multiple staff and/or faculty.
- Oversee all clerical and administrative support functions. Compose and produce business correspondence, reports, and related materials. Collect and organize data and determine appropriate formats for displaying results. Execute special projects, monitor deadlines, and initiate follow-up.
- Represents the office as appropriate in its relationships with the University, community, government agencies, professional societies and similar groups
- Provide administrative support for various student orientation activities.
- Plan Annual Dean's Advisory Council Meeting.
- Coordinate various meetings, including with Program Directors.
- Schedule speakers, vendors and participants for special events.
- Generate invites, registration and post event evaluations for major Division Events.
- Act as primary contact with telecommunications, information systems, vendors, travel services, and facilities as needed.
- Assist with budget and monitor budget expenditures.
- Develop the Undergraduate and Graduate Studies, Dean's Office Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Coordinate the Undergraduate and Graduate Studies Annual Report/Academic Plan.
- Order and Maintain office supplies.
- Ensure confidentiality and control access to sensitive information. Maintain confidential files ensuring quick retrieval.
Serve as internal resource to students, faculty, administrators and others. Respond to inquiries and requests for information requiring knowledge of departmental and University Policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Three years related experience, with one year as an Executive Secretary preferred.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to supervise and train clerical staff.
- MAC and PC proficient with working knowledge of PowerPoint, Access, and Word.
- Database management skills.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities
Hardware/Software Skills and Requirements:
- MAC and PC proficient.
- Ability to utilize the MS Office platform, including Word, Excel, etc.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.