- Location: American Canyon
- Salary: US$20.00 - US$25.00 per hour hour
- Job Type:Temp to Hire
Posted 23 days ago
Job Number: 2170929
5:30am to 4:00pm. Needs to be available Monday - Friday, but will usually only work 40 hours per week. Schedules will be set 2 weeks in advance.
-English speaking required
looking to bring in a temporary employee who has extensive forklift operations with single, single-double and clamp attachment use; wine industry experience is helpful to assist with dock-warehouse operations as a temporary employee. This position will report to the Warehouse Supervisor conducting load/unload operations of cased wines, cased glass, dry goods, and other assorted materials for incoming and outgoing shipments. The forklift operator position is a 40-hour/week position with little to no overtime and weekend work is extremely rare for the warehouse team; this is important as we have had several candidates seeking/demanding overtime which is limited at best for the warehouse team, regardless of the hours of operation for the bottling and/or cellar teams.
For the right candidate, the opportunity is there to fulfill an open fulltime position as a Material Handler (see attached job description) with Purple Brands. Purple full-time positions provide PTO, medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits, a bonus plan and wine-giveaways of our own wines, Raeburn Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, the Avalon and Naked Vines line of products, Scattered Peaks Cabernet Sauvignon, etc.
The position requires prompt attendance, reliability of workmanship of safe forklift operations and accurate data recording of Bills of Lading, Pick Tickets, Shipment orders, etc. The candidate will develop their warehousing-dock operation skills as well as gradually learn to provide bottling line support when that team is short manpower; assignment to the bottling line in support of typically provides 1 hour of support time spread throughout a day as needed.
Reports To: Warehouse Supervisor
The Warehouse Material Handler position is the mid-level position in the warehouse department. This position requires that the employee demonstrate additional skills and experience required to work effectively and efficiently within the department with little supervision. The goal of all warehouse employees is to exhibit and practice true professionalism at all times when dealing with clients and all co-workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ability to operate skillfully and safely clamp, single and double-blade forklifts in accordance with OSHA, CalOSHA and Purple Brands standards.
· Must be able to perform basic pre-shift forklift inspections.
· Ability to pull, stage and ship case good shipments with 100% accuracy.
· Ability to accurately check in, unload and put away all inbound materials accurately.
· Ability to read, comprehend and as needed record applicable information for BOL's, Pick Tickets, Shipment Order paperwork, etc..
· Ability to conduct forklift operations providing cased glass to the bottling line, and the removal of cased goods from the bottling to staging areas within the warehouse.
· Ability to record and locate case goods to the proper assigned warehouse lanes from the production lanes or within the warehouse lane system to maximize and utilize the optimum use of warehouse space.
· Ability to palletize case goods, perform special projects and able to repeatedly lift up to 50 lb.
· Ability to count and record accurately all case good physical inventories.
· Ability to perform additional duties, as assigned by the Warehouse Supervisor and/or Manager.
· Complete understanding and application of safety procedures for assigned work area.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment on a daily basis.
· Maintains a positive and professional attitude at all times.
· Attend and participate in safety trainings, job specific, monthly, tailgate, etc.
· 2+ years of recent Forklift operations/experience with previous certification.
· Good math and English reading and writing skills.
· Attention to detail and good organizational skill.
· Ability to work overtime when required.
· Ability to "multi-task" and handle various duties within a work schedule.
· Highly motivated and strives for excellence within the warehouse organization.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.