Job Number: 2158195
Job Title: Front Desk Host
Location: San Francisco
- Greet all guests as they arrive at the hotel, perform check-in formalities, explain the many services and facilities of the hotel, expertly tailoring the subject matter and amount of detail to the perceived level of interest of the guest.
- Answer phones, take reservations, and serve as a focal point of communications for all departments and employees within the hotel.
- Perform check-out formalities, deftly assessing the level of satisfaction the guest experienced during their stay and following up personally with any necessary service recovery.
- Provide expert concierge assistance to guests regarding where to dine, attractions to visit, driving/walking directions, weather, special events, etc.
- All other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager and/or the Managing Director.
Required Skills and Experience
- Manage guest complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the guest, and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Ability to multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Maintain excellent relationships with colleagues, managers, and employees in other departments.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Versatility, flexibility, and an ability to excel in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow through, courtesy, cooperativeness.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to utilize a wide variety of computer programs and applications with high comfort level. Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Windows environment including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with the InforHMS property management system is preferred but not required.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.