Job Number: 2170631
Boutique Federal Credit Union located in Hawthorne, CA is in need of a Front Lines Training Coordinator and Facilitator to join their Learning & Development team. This is a FULL-TIME, DIRECT HIRE opportunity. The duties of this role will be performed on-campus in their offices in Hawthorne. This is a great opportunity for an Instructional Designer looking to get their foot in the door with a company that is obsessed not only with serving their members, but developing successful, happy and passionate employees as well. This is a new role, in a new department, as part of the company's on-going commitment towards excellence.
The Frontlines Training Coordinator and Facilitator embraces the Credit Union's mission, demonstrates support of the Credit Union's core values and is passionate about communicating and promoting our short and long-term goals. This position is responsible for ensuring organization adoption of a service-driven culture. The Frontlines Training Coordinator and Facilitator will develop and lead a training program focused on developing our Member-facing teams with ongoing sales, product and operational training to ensure ongoing development and success of our call center, physical and digital branch, and business development employees.
The Frontlines Training Coordinator and Facilitator establishes, develops, and manages the development and use of training materials and programs both in person and virtually supporting a wide variety of Member-facing staff training and development programs. This position also reviews, and updates procedures and processes used in assisting Members with financial transactions. In addition, this position also focuses on ongoing feedback and Quality Assurance reviews with individual frontline employees.
SOME CORE DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- Lead projects through the design lifecycle from scoping, research and analysis, design, development, and launch; providing clear timelines through all phases, communicatingwith key partners, and selecting appropriate measurements for successful
- Partner with SkyOne's stakeholders at all levels to understand program goals and definethe learning solution that will make their programs successful.
- Manage projects amidst ambiguity, competing priorities, and challenging deadlines.
- Ensures all training programs support the Credit Union's culture, core values, our drumbeat of "Making it Easy," as well as our Sales and Service model.
- Develops training programs that enforce service-excellence at all levels and through all member encounters.
- Design and facilitate training specific to departmental needs based on observation data and progress monitoring.
- Evaluate training and development programs and measures results.
- Modify training programs when necessary to adapt to business or work environment changes.
- Serve as a mentor for less experience team members. Provide leadership guidance and direction, as needed.
- Prepares/coordinates training and supporting materials for a wide variety of credit union related subjects. This includes SOAR, sales, product, systems and operational training, as well as training on what effective 1-1's and coaching looks like.
- Designs, develops, evaluates and updates training content, materials, manuals, tests, and related training aids to ensure optimum effectiveness.
- Identifies vendor solutions to help meet business learning requirements and needs; Manages vendor relationships.
- Conducts training needs assessment, using formal surveys and input from staff to tailor training to instructor objectives or to set future training topics.
- Ensures training is adaptable to all environments including classroom, online, webinar-based, or other digital formats.
- Administers training programs by personally conducting training sessions, assigning specific training activities to other Credit Union personnel, or coordinating external training resources.
- Manages the maintenance of records on the progress and performance of those involved in the training programs.
- Participates in and or leads special development and or training projects both in person and virtually.
- Ensures the employee Intranet is updated with current and relevant Credit Union-related information.
- Ensures the Member-facing staff receives all required regulatory Financial Services training such as Bank Secrecy Act, and Regulation CC.
- Performs other duties as required or requested in order to achieve Credit Union and departmental goals and objectives.
- Four-year college degree in Education, Industrial Relations, Psychology, Business Administration or related field or equivalent training experience.
- Minimum three years' experience developing, coordinating, and leading training classes.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Financial Services, including Member-facing and operational activities.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well in collaborative team settings, ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment, ask questions and move in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong presentation and communication skills; ability to facilitate and present to groups of varying sizes and skill level.
- Able to communicate complex technical concepts and ideas, both verbally and in written form, clearly and accurately.
- Well-developed time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Episys (Symitar), and other job specific software.
- Proficient in utilizing virtual meeting software (Zoom, Teams, etc.)
- Experience with credit union products, marketing, and cross selling.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Must be flexible and self-motivated.
- Must be detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills.
- A superior level of service be a positive role model for staff and demonstrate a high level of commitment to the organization.
- Requires a broad knowledge of training techniques, methods, theories, materials, and programs.
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.