Job Number: 2156729
Santa Rosa, CA
Up to $65,000/year
Our client in Santa Rosa is seeking a full-time, permanent Grant Accountant to join their team.
- Provide various phases of financial and administrative support to the grant center including monitoring award expenditures to ensure compliance; prepare monthly expenditure reports to program coordinators and director.
- Review grant terms and complex contracts and advise grant coordinators and department administrative personnel on issues that may impact the fiscal administration of a project. Assist with mandatory state and federal reports
- Set-up accounts using appropriate software and prepare budget entries and journal entries; make adjustments as needed
- Review for allowable costs, re-budgeting, cost-sharing, equipment justifications, and reporting requirements and consult with the appropriate grant center managers regarding action, if any, to be taken.
- Reviews spending activities for grant accounts and works with senior management and discuss any award spending that appears to be out of conformance with policies and/or regulatory requirements.
- Assist with the administration of time and effort tracking systems which includes distributing, monitoring, and tracking of forms for compliance.
- Creating and maintaining grant files that meet all requirements.
- Effectively interact with program providers and provide assistance with requirements including expenditure, attendance and evaluation reporting requirements; meet monthly with grant coordinators and provide support as needed
- Assist with grant development and preparation including drafting and editing proposals, letters and other materials; assist with the development and implementation of annual fundraising plan and monitor goals
- Use technology to research data, programs and potential funders
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of related experience; strong GAAP Accounting knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Ability to work independently, accurately and prioritize weekly and monthly job tasks
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify and solve or escalate problems efficiently and quickly
- Ability to thrive in a complex, high paced environment
- Competent with Word, Excel (Vlookup and Pivot tables) Google Apps, Salesforce, and Expensify; ERP accounting software experience preferred
- General ledger and financial analysis experiences are highly preferred
- Non-profit and/or grant reporting experience highly preferred
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.