- Location: Walnut Creek
- Salary: US$60000.00 - US$85000.00 per hour
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted 3 days ago
Job Number: 2174831
Job Title: Group Specialist FLSA Status: Non-exempt/hourly
Salary Range: $60,000-85,000
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Business Operations Director, the Group Specialist is responsible
for assisting the Sales Representative and brokers with client quotes,
underwriting and benefit questions, resolving claim issues, membership issues and supply
requests. Candidate must have a current COVID-19 vaccination to be eligible for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Generate client proposals and rate quotes.
2. Serve as a liaison between broker and insurance carriers.
3. Provide quality service to all brokers/clients to enhance relationships.
4. Assist with claim issues, supply requests, membership issues and other services as
5. Other duties as assigned by manager.
COMPETENCIES: Responds promptly to customer needs; Maintains confidentiality; Speaks
clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Contributes to building a positive team
spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Inspires respect and
trust; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Prioritizes and plans work activities;
Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
2. A minimum of two (2) years' experience in insurance industry preferred.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Ability to multi-task and respond quickly in a constantly changing environment.
5. Proficient with computer-based programs such as MS Word, excellent Excel skills,
PowerPoint, Internet, and Outlook.
6. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
7. Ability to work in a team-oriented and autonomous environment.
1. Manual dexterity, arm, and upper body range of motion sufficient for use of a keyboard,
mouse, and telephone 7-8 hours per day.
2. Speech and hearing sufficient for in-person and telephone communication 7-8 hours per
3. Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor.
4. Ability to sit at a desk 7-8 hours per day.
5. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Work Environment: Moderate noise level associated with open office work environment.
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD and D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.