Job Number: 2164596
Low-Voltage Wire Harness Engineer, General Assembly- Foster City, CA
In this role, you'll be the wire harness team's first line of defense to keep our general assembly lines running smoothly for both L3 and L5 vehicle programs, and help design future solutions.
- Work with manufacturing engineers, integration engineers, quality engineers, and technicians at the factory to answer questions, support or conduct troubleshooting and root cause investigations, and create rework instructions and/or implement repairs.
- Define follow-up actions to improve quality, design, and processes related to the hardware and installation of the harnesses.
- Support the design of low-voltage wire harnesses including 2D and 3D CAD, and as well as building our tools and libraries.
- Collaborate with other teams to understand requirements and implement designs following best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
- 2-3 years of experience in harness design.
- Understanding of harness manufacturing processes.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and efficiently manage requests from diverse development and support teams.
- Hands-on experience in the processes involved in fabricating and inspecting wire harnesses.
- Electrical troubleshooting skills, including familiarity with schematics and architecture documentation.
- Proficiency in CATIA V5/V6 and/or 3DX.
- Automotive, aerospace, or safety critical industry experience.
- Experience in Mentor Graphics Custom plugin development and report generation
- Experience using Capital/Mentor Graphics Topology, HarnessXC Bridging
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.