Job Number: 2161529
Harvest Lab Tech
- Seasonal support for existing lab staff, by performing analytical chemistry analysis in a wine lab.
- Sanitation of the laboratory is one of the primary functions or this position (i.e. washing glassware, cleaning counter tops, etc.)
- Works in the lab under the direction of the full-time lab staff and wine chemists.
- Perform chemical analyses of wines and juices using a variety of methods, including titration, distillation, enzymatic chemistry, atomic absorption, and other specialized instrumentation.
- Prepare chemical reagents.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a high throughput analytical laboratory.
- Perform bench-scale trials, to include trial blending, stability testing, filterability, color evaluations, fining trials, and acid or sugar series to support the production of several brands.
- Maintain and troubleshoot diverse and complex laboratory instruments.
- Responsible for general housekeeping of lab.
- Cleans glassware, countertops, lab equipment, and instrumentation regularly, maintaining good general housekeeping of the Lab.
- Accurately transcribe lab results to appropriate forms and/or databases.
- Ability to work overtime as needed and rotate through various work schedules to include shifts starting in the early morning or late afternoons.
- Perform Quality Assurance tasks, as needed.
- Responsible for learning, adhering to and enforcing department and company policies and procedures.
- Follow all HSE (Health, Safety, and Environmental) rules, regulations, and policies.
- Adheres to all SOP's.
- Perform other duties as assigned, ability to follow instructions
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.