Hospitality Manager | Tasting Room Manager
- Location: Napa
- Salary: US$90000.00 - US$100000.00 per year + Tuition Reimbursement
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted 25 days ago
Job Number: 2176859
As one of Napa's favorite winery's, we are seeking a collaborative leader to take on our tasting room hospitality team, sales, and operations. We are well known as one of the loveliest spots to savor our portfolio of wines in the Napa Valley. With us, you will manage a truly special experience that combines the best aspects of our French roots and Napa Valley style.
The Visitor Center Manager will oversee the tasting room hospitality team, sales and operations of our Visitor Center and deliver upon our brand promise of offering exceptional experiences and service. This position reports to the Senior Director, Visitor Centers.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Visitor Center Management:
* Lead and direct all activities pertinent to running the Visitor Center and achieving Hospitality/Direct-to-Consumer business priorities. That includes:
o Guest experience
o Brand storytelling
o Consumer acquisition
o Club conversion
o Profit generation
o Innovating for future growth, and employee satisfaction and development.
* Maintain and evaluate for improvement, of all areas guest and employee satisfaction as well as the operational efficiency of a facility that is open to the public seven days a week, from 10am-6pm daily, 362 days a year.
* Delegate necessary responsibilities to direct reports and maintain a clear view on accountability for each task.
* Evaluate sales performance. Deliver daily and monthly KPI's with observations, recommendations and escalate to Director any opportunities & risks to achieving financial goals (We want your input and feedback).
* Responsible for staff hiring, orientation, training, development, supervision and ongoing performance evaluation
* Inspire staff to provide each guest with an exquisite experience from start to finish.
* Communicate key messages such as sales goals, pricing, product releases and marketing promotions to staff on a daily basis.
* Maintain compliance at all times with County and Health use permitting requirements for running the Visitor Center.
* Manage daily business functions, including opening and closing procedures for each business day; ensure that cash accounting and inventory is correct at end of business day/month/year.
* Review budget, track to targets and/or year over year performance and process invoices in accordance with budget, identifying variances to spending trends.
* Monitor and respond to customer requests, suggestions, or complaints at the winery or posted to social media review outlets (Yelp, Trip Advisor, etc).
* Process payroll and calculate commissions on-time and accurately for full time and part time employees following Human Resources deadline calendar.
* Ensure that the POS system is maintained accurately and kept updated with inventory and transaction changes.
Role Expectations and Requirements
Experience / Background:
* 7-10 years Tasting Room Management experience, including inventory and people-management, required, preferably at a high-volume tasting room
* 3-5 years of supervisory experience required
* Excellent hospitality and sales skills
* Strong business acumen surrounding results reporting, tracking KPIs
* Must be highly organized and able to multi-task
* Bilingual, English-any other language, preferred but NOT required
* Budgeting and sales forecasting/analysis experience preferred
* Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proven ability to effectively lead, train, manage and motivate staff
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD and D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.