Job Number: 2157020
HR Admin - Maternity Leave Coverage
Cotati + remote
The Human Resources Admin has primary responsibility for day-to-day delivery of efficient human resources services to all employees. Associate will organize and coordinate a range of HR projects including recruitment and hiring; benefits enrollment; separation; workers comp; training and safety; records management; and general HR administration. The HR admin has frequent interaction with all staff, the general public, vendors, and other business partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recruitment, Hiring, and Separation
- Full cycle recruitment of open staff positions; job postings, recruitment strategies including implementation of outreach and recruitment activities; developing and maintaining relations with partner agencies; and attending job/career fairs and similar events.
- Develop and implement staff new hire orientation and onboarding process.
- Schedule and conduct exit interviews.
- Coordinate delivery of final pay from finance and receipt to employee on final day.
- Implement job postings and other recruitment strategies.:
- Assist the Recruitment and Orientation Coordinator in recruitment activities, including developing and maintaining relations with partner agencies, and attending job/career fairs and similar events.
- Coordinate new hire orientation, including completion of hire paperwork.
- Process resignations, new hires, rehires and terminations, generating correspondence and coordinating delivery of final pay from finance and receipt.
Workers Compensation, Safety and Training
- Manage the day-to-day workers compensation process, including initiating, tracking, and closing WC claims; facilitate treatment for injured employees and follow up with supervisors.
- Maintain compliant OSHA logs.
- Assist the HR Manager with disability management and ADA.
- Participate in the development and delivery of safety and other training meetings by securing vendors, presentation/document preparation, tallying evaluations.
- Ensure proper compliance with labor laws including wage and hour regulations, FMLA, COBRA, ADA and EEO, unemployment compensation, worker's compensation and other applicable state and federal laws.
- In collaboration with the HRM, work with managers and staff to address and resolve employee relations issues.
- Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Contribute to personnel relations intervention/corrective action policy and training requirements.
- Provide training on organization policy and procedures as necessary.
- Manage open enrollment, monthly reconciliation of billing and investigation of benefit challenges.
- Process benefits enrollments, changes and terminations.
- Coordinate company's staff event acknowledgement program.
- Track, update, and prepare information to select Staff Member of the Month.
- Maintain employee database to document, record, update, and track all personnel actions (e.g., hire, promotion, workers comp, LOA, accommodation, etc.).
- Update the organizational chart as needed.
- Process employment verification requests and wage garnishments.
- Handle general HR inquiries of a routine nature.
- Implement HR policies and procedures, monitoring employee observance and providing feedback to the HR Manager to assist with revision as needed.
- Generate HR correspondence, presentations, and other written materials as needed.
- Maintain accurate and thorough HR personnel files, maintain compliant records retention system.
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years HR experience, or, an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Knowledge of Federal and CA labor laws
- Knowledge of recruitment, hiring, workers compensation processes
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility and ability to handle stressful situations calmly
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet time-sensitive deadlines with ease
- Ability to establish and sustain relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent track record of punctuality and attendance
- Understands how details are related to the big picture
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and procedures quickly
- Courteous and professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access (or comparable database software)
- CA Driver's License with clean DMV driving record
- Bilingual language skills (Spanish/English)
- Familiarity with conservation corps, AmeriCorps, youth development projects or related organizations
- Previous supervisory experience
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
All work will be performed in a general office setting. Ability to work in a fast-paced stressful environment and manage deadlines is essential. The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; use hands to operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Perform simple grasping and fine manipulation. There are normal office working conditions and associated physical demands. For example, on a continuous basis, sit at a desk using a computer or in meetings for long periods of time. Intermittently twist to reach equipment surrounding desk. May be expected to lift and move containers weighing up to 25 lbs.
Will sit 2 days/week in Cotati, the other 3 days can be remote if desired.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.