Job Number: 2161634
HR Admin / Generalist
Santa Clara, CA
1. POLICIES AND PROCEDURES ADMINISTRATION (approximately 20% of the position): COVID-19 Response and compliance proactively monitors and keeps company up-to-date on all applicable government, federal, state, and county regulations, Assists and investigates employees affected by COVID-19-related issues.
2. EMPLOYEE LIFE CYCLE: HIRING, ONBOARDING, & OFFBOARDING (approximately 50% of the position):
3. BENEFITS & ADMINISTRATION (approximately 20% of the position):
4. SUPPORTING LEADERSHIP/HR MANAGEMENT (approximately 10% of the position):
Core HR tasks
- I9 verification
- Onboarding and Orientation
- Employee exit and documentation
- Employee position change and documentation
- Employee Health insurance enrollment
- Employer covid19 reporting
- Check payroll before processing
- HR Support on employee unemployment
- Employee onsite return process
- Employee evaluation coordination with Managers
- Daily temperature checks - twice a day
- EasyClocking missed punches adjustments for employees
- Supporting payroll with HR inputs (bdays,change of salary/status/PTOs/UPTOs/sickleaves)
- Bday emails and calendar updates
- General meeting notification and sending HR inputs for the meeting
- Employee employment verification
Job experience requirements
- 3-5 years of relevant experience with an emphasis on hiring, onboarding, policy maintenance and development, and benefits administration.
- Preferred (at least one of the following): Certificate in Human Resources Management, HR Certification, Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), or M.S. in Human Resources
- Comfort with cloud technology, databases and virtual office tools including: - Gmail, Boomerang, Google Drive (Google Sheets Slides, Docs, and Forms), Microsoft Word and Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Preferred: Experience with ADP and BambooHR.
- Preferred: Comfort with other relevant HR platforms and tools.
Specific skill sets
- Excellent verbal and written communication and a keen attention to detail.
- Previous experience managing all aspects of hiring, onboarding and benefit cycle for staff of 50+.
- Ability to generate data and analytics.
- High levels of professional effectiveness, collaboration, integrity, and optimism.
- Ability to use discretion when handling confidential information.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multidisciplinary, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
- Relationship management and development skills with the ability to relate to and empathize with others.
- Preferred: Experience with ADP
HR Admin / Generalist
Santa Clara, CA
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.