Job Number: 2157396
HR Coordinator (Temp)
As part of the People Operations team, the HR Coordinator position assists with and supports the administration of routine benefits, leaves, payroll and other general HR transactional tasks for Family of Companies employees (primarily based in California and Hawaii).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist administration of various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, COBRA and wellness benefits, including enrollment, billing and reconciliation, and recordkeeping.
- Ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction.
- Assist with medical waiver program administration (CA and HI).
- Review and respond to unemployment claims with appropriate documentation.
- Review monthly unemployment statements.
- Enter, maintain, and/or process information in the payroll and timekeeping system; information may include employees' hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Monitor the internal ticketing system and ensure all tickets are assigned timely and appropriately.
- Answering employee questions and documenting items for escalation.
- Assist with employee lifecycle management tasks, such as onboarding, status changes, leave of absence administration, and terminations.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions.
- Ensure distribution of required employee notices.
- Prepare HRIS generated employee reports as needed.
- Support and assist with internal/external audit preparation as needed.
- Assist P&P staff in completing benefits reporting requirements.
- High school diploma or GED and two years of related experience, including benefits administration and payroll processing
- Knowledge of CA employment laws required; Hawaii, preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel.
- Experience with UltiPro/UKG Benefits LE/OE and UTM payroll a plus.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.