Job Number: 2161975
HR Generalist/HR Services Advisor
About the Role
This position will sit within the HR Shared Services team and assist with the management of inquiries in the Business Service's HR Assist Self Service portal by providing a first point of contact for on-boarding, separation, processing critical employee information and general HR inquiries. This position will be responsible for related HR activities that include policy and procedure maintenance, communicating and collecting on-boarding paperwork from new hires, data entry in the HCM and filing. The incumbent must be customer service centric and be able to balance multiple priorities and personalities while and remain balanced and results driven.
Service Delivery and Process Management
- Provides accurate, effective guidance to employees needing assistance with online systems and support services.
- Provide first line of support for employee benefits questions for all employees
- Provide administrative support during Open Enrollment
- Perform data entry activities into HRIS systems including new hire, bonus, reporting structure, personnel changes and terminations.
- Participate in HR Assist transaction review to ensure that they are accurate and updated on a regular basis.
- Support Talent Acquisition Coordination as needed by providing position information, previous incumbent details and BU data.
- Maintain physical personnel files, conducting routine audits to ensure completeness and compliance.
- Provide general administrative support (faxing, mailing, and correspondence, ordering supplies) to HR Assist staff, Benefits and Payroll as needed.
- Process HR Invoices.
- Handles on-boarding paperwork and assists new hire and manager throughout the first 90 days.
- Assist business managers and HR BP's with the transfer and promotion process.
- Asist managers and HR BP's with the termination and redundancy process. Coordinates termination packet and final check preparation and delivery.
This role will make key decisions for:
- Routing employee questions to most appropriate individual / resource
- Providing accurate and appropriate guidance on employee relations issues
- Driving Site Coordinator processes to ensure accuracy and efficiency in managing employee data
- Driving process improvements and actively participate in department efficiency initiatives to develop high functioning HR Assist department that is well received and accepted by employees.
- Provides thoughtful, sound judgment in project assignment execution
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree desirable with 2 years of experience in administrative or HR support or coordinator role or equivalent experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees with focus on teamwork.
- Ability to accurately prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Strong integrity, discretion and professional judgment.
- Takes initiative to identify opportunities and improve processes.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and minimal supervision.
- Acute attention to details, and excellent organizational, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong aptitude and ability to use HRIS systems and programs.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook)
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.