- Location: Menlo Park
- Salary: Negotiable per hour
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted 14 days ago
Job Number: 2163014
Hybrid, Menlo Park
The HR Generalist is responsible for answering questions and administering the activities for HR related programs, procedures and policies. Provide HR subject area support in the processing of transactions for benefits, staffing, training, compensation and data base administration. The work is routine in nature and actions, decisions are of limited complexity and can be completed using well documented policies, procedures and administrative guidelines.
* Answers employee and management questions regarding HR policies, processes and other human resource related matters following prescribed responses.
* Assists or participates as a team member in the review and recommendations for process improvements, automation of information and services, system applications, operational efficiency and customer services.
* Performs human resource administrative activities following the application of policies, program procedures and process guidelines and regulatory requirements.
* Processes employee status change transactions such as transfers, reclassifications, promotions, leaves of absence, etc.
* Maintains systems of record for employees.
* Reviews change requests for accuracy, adherence to policies/guidelines, proper signature authorization and completeness.
* Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent
* Experience: Two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
* Ability to effectively prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
* Ability to research and identify the appropriate prescribed response to customer inquiries.
* Ability to solve problems in a customer-focused environment.
* Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
* Knowledge of HR practices/policies related to benefits, staffing, compensation, etc.
* Knowledge of HR-related systems and software applications.
* Knowledge of Windows-based office software, computers and operating systems.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.