- Location: Mountain View
- Salary: Negotiable hour
- Job Type:Temporary
Posted 7 months ago
Job Number: 2165164
The HR Coordinator is responsible for researching and executing quality evaluation and resolution of background checks in compliance with applicable laws and company procedures, initiating pre-employment screening and providing hiring recommendations to appropriate HR representatives. Serving as a liaison to stakeholders in the recruitment process, the coordinator maintains candidate relationships during pre-boarding process, provides administrative, project management and logistical support throughout the pre-boarding process by direct interaction with the hiring managers, vendors and candidates.
§ Responsible for and completes all pre-employment screening processes individually, or in collaboration with the vendor, including but not limited to:
- Background checks
- Pre-employment health screening,
- Licensure/degree/certification verifications
- Prepare for hire
§ Determines whether the background check is in compliance with applicable laws and company procedures.
§ Partners and advises stakeholders of outcomes based on results of background screening.
§ Works directly with vendor and vendor system to accurately track status of background check adjudication, log final resolutions, and ensure service level agreements/vendor performance metrics are being met
§ Acts as a liaison between the legal department, HR, and the background check vendor to resolved issues and refine processes
§ Responsible for accurate data entry of all background checks in HR Case Management System and accurate reporting of results
§ Working closely with manager, gathers feedback from HR partners regarding the background check process and provides appropriate stakeholders and to the background check vendor
§ Working closely with manager, recommends operating policy and procedural improvements in relation to background checks to Corp HR counterparts. Communicates changes to the background check laws from the legal department to human resources
§ Serves as a liaison with internal and external candidates on matters relating to pre-onboarding activities.
Develops solid knowledge of current background check laws; drafts customized letters and follows process flows as required
§ Represents Company in legal proceedings, if needed
§ Maps, monitors and continually enhances the program Implementing legal compliance measures
§ Education: Bachelor's Degree in human resource or related Field
§ Experience: One (1) Year years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
* Strong analytical ability to evaluate complex information and articulate recommendations
* Must perform efficiently in a high-volume environment, both independently and as part of a team, while maintaining organization and attention to detail, with ability to multi-task and meet competing priorities
* Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with personnel at all levels, use good judgment, and treat sensitive matters in a confidential manner.
* Ability to prioritize and anticipate problems before they arise with a customer service orientation to help facilitate smooth operations.
* Ability to thrive in dynamic and fast paced environment.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
* Ability to organize work effectively, set priorities and provide attention to details.
* Ability to prepare and process routine administrative paperwork.
* Ability to solve problems in a customer-focused environment.
* Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Job Title: HR Specialist
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.