Job Number: 2172379
Our Milpitas based client is looking for an HR Specialist to join their team. They are a large, stable Manufacturing company and also an essential business that has been in business for over 25 years. This is a fully on-site position.
The HR Specialist is responsible for supporting HR initiatives and assisting employees with HR-related matters, including:
- Delivering new hire orientation
- Updating and maintaining new hire and termination documentation
- Tracking, updating, and sending new hire and exit surveys
- Updating and analyzing various tracking databases
- Assisting with the recruitment and hiring of employees.
Software: Paycom, ADP, and/or SAP
Background: Two years of experience working as an Administrative Assistant in Human Resources, Accounting, or Payroll functions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the administrative principles, practices, and techniques
- Knowledge of ERP applications such as PeopleSoft or SAP to enter, modify, and track various HR data
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office applications to create spreadsheets, Word documents, and presentation
- Able to communicate effectively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management both verbally and in writing
- Able to use discretion and judgement in all employee matters
- Able to exhibit professionalism and confidentiality
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and trouble shooting skills
- Flexible and able to prioritize
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.