Human Resources Manager
- Location: Anaheim
- Salary: US$100000.00 - US$120000.00 per hour
- Job Type:Contract
Posted 17 days ago
Job Number: 2172052
Location: Anaheim, CA
Pay Range: $100k - $120k
Summary: The Human Resources Manager performs regional HR related duties at the professional level with responsibility for employee relations, training, recruitment, leave of absence administration, workers compensation claims management, implementation and administration of policies and human resources procedures, as well as employment equity programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Guides leaders and employees regarding Company policies, values, procedures, laws,
standards and government regulations at both the Anaheim and Fullerton locations.
* Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data, and makes recommendations to the
management team for continuous improvement.
* Ensures all employment practices comply with federal, state, and local regulations, as
well as Company policy.
* Responds to employee questions, concerns, or complaints through investigations,
written reports or correspondence, as well as participates in meetings with employees
* Ensures employee files are maintained up-to-date and in compliance with applicable
* Responsible for recruitment for all Anaheim and Fullerton positions, conducts New
Hire Orientation and is responsible for communicating benefits information to hourly
and salaried employees.
* Objectively coaches employees and management through complex, difficult, and/or
emotional employee relations issues.
* Conducts and tracks employee and supervisor training.
* Through employee training and development, promotes customer focus and customer
satisfaction throughout the organization by meeting customer requirements,
addressing conformity of products and services risks.
* Manage workers compensation claims, including serving as a liaison between the
company and insurance carrier, physicians and employees.
* Manages Leaves of Absence (FMLA, CFRA, PDL, etc.) program for Anaheim and
Fullerton locations, with coordination and assistance from Corporate H.R..
* Communicates with temporary agencies and helps coordinate company functions.
* Assist with preparation of Affirmative Action Plan and implement any subsequent
action items or goals.
o Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with customers, coworkers, and management.
o Perform all other duties as assigned.
o Regular and punctual attendance.
* Understanding of and experience with all of the core aspects of Human Resources
Management (staffing, employee relations, performance management, compliance,
governmental reporting, training).
* Must be proficient in handling employee relations matters and ability to make tough
decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism and diplomacy.
* Strong expertise in developing solutions based upon facts and data analytics.
* Ability to understand the business operations.
* Must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work
independently with minimal supervision.
* Must have excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and must be able to
effectively present to all levels of the organization.
* Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and
* Must have the ability to coach employees and management as well as make
recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is
consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation, or law.
* Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
* Approachable and kind demeanor with a demonstrated ability to effectively
communicate (i.e.: demonstrates empathy, communicates clearly, is patient and
experienced in finding middle ground).
* Have a fluid style of management.
* Ability to motivate team and show creativity to engage employees.
* Be forward thinking, progressive, and flexible to keep organization appealing and
foster retention and appeal to new applicants.
* Have excellent conflict resolution and problem-solving skills. Be analytical, have
demonstrated ability to deal effectively in "gray" areas with confidence and
* Experienced in working with diverse populations and various age groups with cultural
awareness and sensitivity.
* Be detail oriented with strong record keeping skills, very organized.
* Be proactive and willing to take the lead on special projects as needed.
* Skilled in mentoring and training direct reports.
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, or a related field preferred.
* A minimum of ten years of experience in Human Resources is required.
* Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Human Resources certification is desired.
* Experience working in a manufacturing and/or distribution environment is desired.
* Ability to speak Spanish is highly desired.
Language Skills: English required, Spanish is a plus.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Amount of Travel Involved: Frequent visits to the Fullerton facility, minimal requirement of
travel to the corporate office in Sacramento, and occasional travel to the E.D.D.
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.