Human Resources Manager - Chicago Food Manufacturer
- Location: Chicago
- Salary: US$130000.00 - US$150000.00 per year + Annual bonus, benefits, 401k year
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted about 1 month ago
Job Number: 2170667
We are looking for a ROCK STAR HR MANAGER for our client - a global food manufacturer in Chicago. You will work on all employee matters, hire and retain talent, support the development, implementation and administration of policies and programs for employee relations, legal compliance, payroll, compensation, benefits, talent development and performance management for the food manufacturing site. Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations including EEO, FMLA, FLSA, etc.
This is not a "sit in the office and wait for things to happen" role! The right HR Manager is a hands-on, collaborative presence on the production floor and regularly engages with the both management and the workforce!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Acts as strong trusted business partner to GM and site leadership team by partnering with leadership team to advise and influence all aspects of people management and leadership.
· Strong focus on compliance by ensuring all federal, state, and local laws related to employment matters are diligently followed, successfully executed and consistently enforced. This includes the expanded Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA), pay data reporting, wage and hour compliance and record retention. Thoroughly review policies and procedures in relation to state and local laws to ensure compliance to new and/or changing laws and proactively make recommendations to corporate for policy updates. Communicate and comply with established policies and procedures.
· Creates a culture of inclusion and high employee engagement including developing and implementing programs for employee engagement, performance and development to ensure we attract and retain top talent.
· Proactively analyzes employee data to determine talent trends including turnover, compensation, employee development, etc. and develop programs to ensure employee retention and engagement.
· Develops and implements effective change management and communication programs so that leaders and employees are fully informed and buy-in to change.
· Manages talent acquisition process for site including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding of employees at all levels.
· Collaborates with leaders on all employee relation issues. Counsel leaders on application and interpretation of policies, procedures, laws, standards, compensation requirements and legal compliance. Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
· Responds to employee concerns and conduct investigations as needed to resolve matters.
· Oversees employment records including personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations.
· Supports benefit programs including disability, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
· 7+ years' experience in HR - food manufacturing environment preferred
· Strong compliance experience, ensuring accordance with all federal, state, and local laws on employment matters and Human Resources including conducting effective investigations to successfully resolve matters
· Excellent leadership, interpersonal & conflict resolution skills, able to foster teamwork and build trusting relationships
· Proficient with Microsoft Office & knowledge of HRIS (Ultipro/UPG)
· Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, or comparable experience
· SHRM-CP or SCP strongly preferred
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.