Maintenance Technicians work independently and with other plant personnel to perform preventative, predictive, and routine maintenance and repairs as needed. Tasks to include troubleshooting issues, repairing failures of production and facilities equipment, and ensuring maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company, including safety.
· Setup, install, adjust, and maintain production equipment including conveyors, automation, pneumatics, hydraulics, pumps, encoders, variable frequency drives, etc.
· Equipment Maintenance -Perform routine, predictive, and preventative maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed. Inspect regularly and as needed to ensure proper operation.
· Complex Problem Solving -Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options. Implement effective solutions.
· Operation Monitoring -Watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly with maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
· Operation and Control -Control operation of equipment or systems
· High and low voltage electrical troubleshooting
· PLC troubleshooting
· Welding, fabrication, etc.
· Minimum two years' experience in industrial machine maintenance preferably in a manufacturing setting (Residential or apartment maintenance does NOT qualify).
· Minimum education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Mechanical or related engineering degree a plus.
· Design -effective knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
· Mechanical -effective knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
· Electronics -effective knowledge of electronic equipment and systems
· Pneumatics -effective knowledge of pneumatic equipment and systems
· Computers -effective knowledge of computer hardware and software
· Able to work in a non-climate controlled environment with outdoor exposure
· Ability for extended periods of time to sit, stand, walk, bend, climb stairs, crouch, squat, lean, reach, twist, grasp, pinch, lift, push, pull, carry, and other physical movements typically necessary for industrial maintenance work.
· Ability to work in conditions typical of a manufacturing environment as indicated below under "Working Environment".
· Ability to wear prescribed personal protective equipment and appropriate clothing.
· Ability to lift 50lbs.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.