Job Number: 2175433
We are looking for an Inventory Control Analyst for a large food manufacturer in Hayward! Full time with outstanding benefits including bonus, medical, dental vision insurance and a 401k retirement plan!
Location: Hayward, CA (100% On-Site)
Compensation: $65k-$73k (including 7-10% discretionary bonus)
The Inventory Control Specialist will play a central role in accurately managing inventory at a large food manufacturer, making sure product is where it needs to be for production and order fulfillment to occur on time and in full.
- Analyze finished good inventory levels and determine necessary transfers required to/from various warehouse locations based on orders and/or sales forecast
- Work closely with Planning Team to provide input on where copacker POs need to ship to
- Create and close all inventory transfers in SAP for finished goods and raw materials
- Prepare weekly load sheets and communicates with Customer Service to set up shipping for on time deliveries on transfers.
- Receive and close POs for all finished good inventory deliveries from copackers
- Reconcile inventory at all outside warehouses on monthly basis and analyze variances
- Review weekly potential shelf-life issues on finished goods
- Investigate issues with inventory being shipped out of FIFO
- Attend daily warehouse and production meetings to help prioritize needs and call out concerns
- Review same day shipments that required prompt inventory transactions to minimize delays in activities
- Play a key role in tri-annual physical inventory process
- Oversee routine cycle count program for internal warehouse
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and resolve issues timely
- Be hands-on and willing to investigate issues on their own at the warehouse or plant
- Ability to work well with all cross-functional departments and within fixed deadlines
- Strong initiative and attention to detail
- Familiarity with refrigerated/frozen product and DOT regulations
- Have intermediate-advanced Excel skills for analyzing data
- Experience with ERP and EDI systems (SAP a plus)
- Basic Managerial Accounting
- Account Management
Education and Experience
- High School degree/GED and minimum 5 year's inventory management experience
- College degree in a related field a strong plus
- Experience working within a production and/or warehouse environment
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD and D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.