Employment Status: Part-Time | non-exempt | Hourly
Hours: 8:30am to 3:30pm, Monday - Friday (30 hours / week)
Location: Torrance, CA
* Process month-end and quarterly reporting to support various departments
* Organize schedules, maintain filing systems, and develop administrative process improvements
* Assist in the coordination of IT projects by scheduling meetings, preparing documents and reports, and
providing administrative support
* Answering and redirecting calls and requests to appropriate personnel within the IT department
* Coordinate onboarding, trans-boarding, and deboarding of employees with HR
* Coordinate contracts with vendors and suppliers, including managing invoices and payment processes
* Assist with purchasing of IT equipment and managing inventory of assets
* Assist with uploading and entering product information and purchase orders to our system
* Coordinate with the Sales Department to add and remove sales representative profiles in the system
* Other duties assigned by management
* Associated degree
* 3~5 years of experience in an administrative role
* Knowledge of basic computer hardware and software troubleshooting
* Proficient in Office365 and Apple Univers
* Resourcefulness - being able to adapt to changing needs
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
* Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field
* Experience in an administrative role in an IT department or similar
* Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer
needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance;
* Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others'
views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of
team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives;
Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
* Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others
with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own
actions; Follows through on commitments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
* Continually required to sit for prolonged periods of time
* Occasionally required to walk
* Occasionally required to stand
* Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
* Continually required to talk and hear
* Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and use a keyboard
* Occasionally required to lift, push, and/or carry items up to 20 pounds
* Mainly works indoors in a climate-controlled environment, but may occasionally work outside with
exposure to various weather conditions
* No travel requirement
The physical requirements described in the job description are representative of the physical requirements that
must be performed by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue hardship for the
company and allow a successful job applicant or employee to perform the essential duties of the position will
be made in accordance with federal and state law.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD and D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.