IT Support Technician
- Location: Healdsburg
- Salary: Negotiable per hour
- Job Type:Contract
Posted 11 days ago
Job Number: 2157501
As an IT Support Technician, you will be part of the team that proactively maintains our clients' computer environments by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, and installing hardware and software solutions. You will be responsible for the administration and internal support of our clients' PCs, printers, servers, and related equipment. Daily tasks include end-user support, performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations, and installations. Work is done primarily by phone, email, and on-site visits.
The ideal candidate will have:
* At least 4 years PC, Networking troubleshooting/repair, and cabling experience and have at least two current certifications.
* Associates degree in Computer Technology or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
* Good customer service skills and communication skills. Likes customer interaction.
* Prior job experience in customer service.
* Great documentation skills of all activities conducted.
* Reliable transportation.
* An outgoing personality with exceptional customer service skills.
* Working knowledge of Windows 8/10, Server 2012, Server 2016, Office 2013/2019.
* Experience in business networking, LAN, WAN, wireless and CAT5/6 cabling.
* The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements.
* The ability to manage, maintain, troubleshoot and support user networks, equipment, software and services remotely and onsite.
* The ability to analyze remote monitoring reports to identify capacity and performance issues and remediate them promptly.
* Knowledge on virtual environments and RDP /RDS.
* A+, Network+, CCNA, MCSA MCP, MCSE certification preferred
* Knowledge of networking solutions including firewall, VPN and VLANs preferred.
* Knowledge of wireless technologies.
* Technical documentation experience for Administrators and End-Users.
* A commitment to developing and delivering top professional service to the End-Users.
* A commitment to the development and implementation of proactive/preventative measures.
* Excellent awareness of, and ability to keep current on, existing and emerging network technologies.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.