Job Number: 2152984
Fremont, San Ramon and East Bay areas
Objective: Oversee all landscape installation and maintenance activities for multiple sites throughout Alameda and Contra Costa County, ensuring work is accomplished on schedule, on budget and in accordance with COMPANY's quality and safety standards.
Direct Reports: Irrigation Technician Foreman & Technicians, Equipment Operators, Gardeners
Experience with Horticulture and as an Arborist is a MAJOR PLUS!
Areas of Responsibility:
- Landscape Production, Maintenance and installation - managing work crews at various sites (up to 15-16 crew members)
- Quality Control - working with Property Managers and ground maintenance to insure curb appeal and superior level conditions
- Tools and Equipment - Making sure that all equipment is maintained, repaired and distributed properly and in accordance with the company standard.
- Safety - Supervise all personnel on the use of all necessary equipment as well as herbicides, fertilizers and other chemicals as needed based upon CAL-OSHA and company requirements.
- Budget and Cost Management - Work with Management team on department budgets and job cost reporting
- Personnel Management - Hiring, Firing, training and guidance for a team of 15-16 crew members as well as vendor and subcontractor management
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a landscape supervisor, managing at least 10 employees.
- Hands on experience and knowledge in pruning, mowing, edging, chemical/fertilizer applications, and irrigation systems.
- Familiar with general landscaping practices as required in a commercial and industrial setting.
- Skilled hands-on experience with power tools, job-site safety, familiarity with building materials, pressure washers, ladder safety and the ability to safely climb and function on a ladder up to 20'.
- Must observe safety regulations and use protective gear as needed for specific tasks
- Provide superior customer service and communication to residents/tenants/onsite management.
- Means of reliable transportation to and from work in accordance with the weekly schedule.
- Keep accurate written records of daily work performed.
- Must be able to pass federal and/or customer required background checks and drug screenings.
- Must have valid California state driver's license with clean DMV record.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.