Job Number: 2163864
Essential Job Duties:
- Secretarial, word processing and legal administrative support for multiple partners and associate attorneys in our estates and trusts and litigation practice groups.
- Create, revise, and format estates and trusts documents, legal documents, correspondence and forms from handwritten drafts, notes, or dictation. Apply track changes, formatting, and styles; edit, label, and redact documents; compare documents using document comparison software and produce redlined versions; proofread final documents.
- Create depictions of estate plans using PowerPoint.
- Prepare property descriptions for deeds and other documents for filing with government agencies.
- Experience with E-filing in both State and Federal courts; ability to generate a TOC and TOA.
- Assisting attorneys and paralegals with special projects and other general administrative duties.
- Schedule and calendaring meetings and assist with the opening and closing of matters.
- 3+ years of experience as a transactional and/or litigation legal secretary and/or word processor within a law firm environment
- Advanced user of PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat, a must
- Ability to support multiple attorneys in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take direction and work independently with little or no supervision as well as part of a team
- Ability to handle complex assignments and complete projects under tight deadlines, must be able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Strong commitment to client service
- Must be a team player
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Ability to work overtime on an occasional basis
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.