Machine Operator Trainee - Coating & Laminating
- Location: San Diego, 92123
- Salary: Up to US$18.00 per hour per hour
- Job Type:Temp to Hire
Posted 4 months ago
Job Number: 2165550
Base pay rate is $18.00/hr.
Temp to Hire role based on attendance & proven performance. Please note that the permanent hire rate is the same, however the perm hire would receive a full benefit package. Overtime based on business need. Site provides all PPE. Facemask must be worn regardless of vaccination status and keep 6ft + social distance kept at all times. This position also requires qualification and strict use of other PPE such as a Respirator consistently for an average of 2 hours every day (requires to pass a respirator fit test, provided by site). HS Diploma/GED required.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
1. High school diploma or GED required. One or two years of college or four-year military service preferred.
2. Good mechanical ability, logical trouble-shooting skills and attention to detail.
3. Basic math skills and computer skills required.
4. Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
5. Prior experience operating a forklift strongly preferred. Experience in a manufacturing environment also desired.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THIS POSITION:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a temporary employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the temporary employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The temporary employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The temporary employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch or crawl. The temporary employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Vision must be 20/20 or correctable.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a temporary employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the temporary employee regularly works near moving equipment. The noise level in the work environment is loud.
BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Assist in the set-up, run, and monitor any one of the coating & laminating machines. Ensures machine is producing a quality product in a timely fashion.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
1. Assists in the set-up, run, monitor, troubleshoot, and repair (as required) of any one of the machines.
2. Performs and ensures quality inspections of raw film.
3. Prepares and ensures production and department documents such as roll tickets, run log, maintenance log, utilization sheets, and sample work-up sheets are complete and accurate.
4. Follows standard operating procedures, set-up specifications, supervisor's instructions and housekeeping policies.
5. Operates a forklift and/or pallet jack to move product.
6. Acts in a safe manner at all times. Follows all company policies and procedures as they relate to safety reporting. Reports all safety incidents or hazards immediately upon occurrence.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Records preventive maintenance.
2. Communicates with other plant personnel and supervisors regarding production issues.
3. Informs Supervisor of any parts or supplies needed.
4. Performs other duties as assigned and necessary.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.