Job Number: 2173422
Title: Magneto Web Developer/Manager
Location: Livermore CA
Industry: Consumer Goods
We are seeking a Website Manager to help build a world-class e-commerce website experience. This role requires a keen attention to detail, a high sense of user experience, and a knack for storytelling. In addition, you have the technical skills to back it up and are a wiz at Magento 2.x as an e-commerce platform with a competent knowledge of HTML/CSS. You are data-driven and can take metrics from Google Analytics and in future (GA4) and turn them into compelling and actionable data stories. This is a great opportunity to own a high-profile and high-impact project at a successful and fast-growing local business, and we can't wait to have you on the team!
As a member of a very data-driven team, you will own the reporting and analytics to tell a data story around website performance up and out to the broader company. You will help us turn our website into a conversion machine, strategizing alongside performance and product marketing to create user journeys that are seamless and a user experience that delights.
- This position will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions for web commerce initiatives on the Magento platform
- Optimize website for maximum speed and scalability with a deep focus on improving the path to conversion
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the interface
- Manage all aspects of the website including regular content updates
- Create new web pages and redesign existing pages while maintaining quality control through testing and evaluation of web pages
- Perform A/B testing, build and maintain monthly homepage and customer learning environment
- Experience integrating third party APIs in Magento, Magento Plug-ins
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases like Google Analytics, ERP, CRM, Email Service Providers etc
- Apply SEO tactics to improve visibility and direct new visitors to our website
- Manage all merchandising daily activities including item set up, item maintenance, price variances, and product catalog
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing and Purchasing departments to develop promotional strategies and create initiatives that accomplish each product's goals.
- Experience in conversion management, sales journey optimization, traffic analysis, and reporting tools including Google Analytics and GTM.
- Own analytics and reporting through Google Analytics, summarize and report on website performance in a regular cadence
- Implement GA4 as we transition away from Universal Analytics
Who You Are
- Obsessed with great user experience with a focus on path to conversion
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Data driven in all decision making and entrepreneurial in nature
- A strong knowledge of Google Analytics (preferably GA4 implementation)
- Experience in Monday, Asana, Trello or other project management tools
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer in an ecommerce environment utilizing Magento 2.x as an e-commerce platform. This includes hands-on experience developing and modifying PHP for Magento.
- Experience coding to Magento technical best practices and guidelines
- Fluency with markup and programming languages including HTML, XML, Java, and CSS
- PHP, Magento including expertise in directory structure, file editing, extension installation and configuring, composer updating, theme editing, indexing
- Chron job configuration
- Experience in working within an Agile/SCRUM development model
- Basic operational knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Suite Apps
- Web Design, Website Programming
- Basic understanding of CRM, personalization and email automation tools like Salesforce
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.