Job Number: 2160485
Compensation: To $125K
Location: Sonoma County
Growing food manufacturer is adding to their team! New facility with new equipment!
Responsibilities of Maintenance Manager:
- Hands-on Maintenance Manager overseeing all maintenance procedures and operations.
- Applies a wide variety of methods, procedures & techniques to layout, install, align, repair, overhaul, & maintain various types of machines encompassing mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical systems & operation principles.
- Performs preventive maintenance on mechanical systems to include disassembly, cleaning, reassembly, and calibration.
- Cleans, lubricates, and adjusts parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Examines parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
- Observes and tests the operation of machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions.
- Operates newly repaired machinery and equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Reviews diagrams and manufacturers' manuals to determine correct installation and operation of machinery.
- Demonstrates equipment functions and features to machine operators.
- Records repairs, maintenance, parts and materials used, and order or requisition new parts and materials as necessary.
- Ensures the safety needs are given a top priority in operations support and work execution.
- Ensure a pre-run check of machinery and equipment is done when required.
- Light fabrication as needed.
- Manage relationships with contractors and service provider.
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities.
- Ensure that designated buildings, plant and facilities are fit for purpose and to provide proactive support/solutions when required.
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary.
- Monitor electrical and hydraulic systems of facilities to ensure functionality.
- Maintain maintenance logs and report on daily activities.
Qualifications for Maintenance Manager:
- 3+ years' experience in a Maintenance Management role.
- Ability to successfully work independently and as a team with minimal supervision to accomplish tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively - verbally & written - to and work well with Team Members, Management, Customers & Vendors.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing equipment operation, ability to properly use/operate accurate tools and good math skills are required.
- Ability to read & interpret written & verbal direction while working in a safe, effective & productive manner within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.