Job Number: 2172045
Maintenance Mechanic Essential Functions:
- Responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of plant equipment and systems.
- Maintaining expert-level knowledge in multiple technologies, including but not limited to electrical, PLC, hydraulics, refrigeration and mechanics.
- Analyzing and repairing malfunctioning machines and systems (electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, etc.) and making necessary repairs, adjustments, modifications. This also includes boilers, air compressors and refrigeration systems.
This position is not a training position. Please be prepared to demonstrate your experience and knowledge in the following areas: 1) maintenance and repair of electro-mechanical equipment such as motors, pumps, compressors, conveyor systems, valves and production equipment; 2) ability to read electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics; 3) ability to arc and TIG weld; 4) ability wire motors, starters, VFD's, relays and other industrial devices; 5) basic computer and PLC skills; 6) fabrication skills.
Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Ability to solve practical problems and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must be able to stand/walk for full shift, lift 50 lbs., and work safely around industrial machinery. Must be able to work in cold (refrigerated) environment.
- Must be available to work any shift including weekends.
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.