Job Number: 2177385
A maintenance technician in a dairy manufacturing facility plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth operation of equipment and machinery used in the production process.
- Perform routine maintenance, inspections, and repairs on dairy processing equipment, such as pumps, motors, conveyors, mixers, packaging machines, and refrigeration systems.
- Troubleshooting: Diagnose equipment malfunctions, identify root causes of problems, and implement effective solutions to minimize downtime and maintain production efficiency.
- Preventive Maintenance: Develop and implement a preventive maintenance program to regularly inspect and service equipment, including lubrication, cleaning, and calibration, to prevent breakdowns and ensure optimal performance.
- Equipment Installation and Setup: Assist in the installation, setup, and commissioning of new equipment or production lines, ensuring proper alignment, connections, and functionality.
- Documentation and Record-Keeping: Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including work performed, parts used, equipment history, and maintenance schedules. Complete work orders and update maintenance logs as required.
- Safety Compliance: Adhere to all safety protocols and regulations, including lockout/tagout procedures, personal protective equipment (PPE) usage, and equipment guarding. Report any safety hazards or incidents promptly.
- Team Collaboration: Coordinate and collaborate with other departments, such as production, quality assurance, and engineering, to address equipment-related issues and support overall operational efficiency.
- Equipment Upgrades and Modifications: Assist in equipment upgrades, modifications, or retrofits to improve performance, efficiency, or safety standards.
- Technical Skills: Strong mechanical aptitude and proficiency in troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining industrial equipment, preferably in a dairy or food processing environment. Knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems is often required.
- Previous experience as a maintenance mechanic in a manufacturing or dairy facility is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with dairy-specific equipment, such as pasteurizers, separators, and homogenizers, is a plus.
- Knowledge of Food Safety Standards: Understanding of food safety regulations, such as Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), to ensure equipment maintenance activities align with food safety requirements.
- Technical Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is typically required. Completion of a vocational or technical training program in mechanical maintenance or a related field is advantageous.
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD and D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.