Job Number: 2149465
Calling on all Maintenance Technicians, both in the Industrial and Residential sectors! A few of our clients in the East Bay market are seeking Technicians for morning, swing and graveyard schedules. Industries range from Commercial/Residential property management, Beverage and Consumer Products and GMP/Food Production. (Oakland, Newark, Hayward, Fremont)
Industrial and Residential Maintenance Technicians will be tasked with the following, but not limited to:
- Electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry and painting
- General repair and treating structures such as showers, sinks, appliances, doors/cabinets, walls and building exteriors
- Make ready units for new move-ins
- Have a working knowledge of HVAC systems and be able to maintain, repair and replace HVAC systems
- Schedule and complete preventative maintenance program. Complete grounds work such as: grounds pick up, sweeping and general maintenance
- Strong experience and familiarity with tools and maintenance/repair equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload. Deadline and detail-oriented
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus but not required.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including weekends or evenings, and to work occasional overtime.
- Experience with Controls (PLC), Instrumentation, Electrical, conveyors, packaging and production/manufacturing equipment.
- Identify, trouble shoot and repairs for plant facilities and equipment including; electrical, mechanical, plumbing and carpentry.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all plant equipment according to the preventive maintenance schedule.
- Assists with food production equipment maintenance which will require the ability to work on ladders and use basic hand and power tools.
Skill sets needed:
- Must be mechanically inclined. Ability to work with computers for accurate data entry and to access machine manuals.
- Repair Facilities related items in addition to manufacturing equipment doors, dock levelers, lights, ballasts, sinks, drains, and general grounds maintenance.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, make recommendations, draw conclusions and communicate effectively.
- Must be able to safely lift and maneuver up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must possess a California driver's license and provide proof of a good driving record.
- Ability to take direction and a willingness to learn new skills.
Interested candidates apply and call today to learn more! Get started on your next career role today! Thank you for your interest in partnering with Nelson!
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.