Job Number: 2167861
A highly successful and innovative company is hiring!
Position: Manager, Facility and Production
The Factory Operations Manager will:
- Lead activities for implementing a new factory and manufacturing lines
- Improve current production process
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities and resources necessary for manufacturing to meet the cost, quality, schedule and revenue goals.
- Develop and maintain a culture of safety, efficiency and continuous improvement
The position will be based in Santa Rosa.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage plant operations for production, maintenance, quality and logistics in order to accomplish the company's objectives in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Lead/support planning and implementation of new manufacturing assembly lines.
- Coordinate plant activities with the functional managers to ensure that manufacturing objectives are met.
- Directly and indirectly manage production and functional employees dedicated to the factory such as: quality, manufacturing engineering, maintenance, and supply management.
- Analyze production data for capacity planning and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Implement effective systems of control over health, safety and environment to guarantee compliance with the regulatory and certification requirements.
- Establish and monitor overall performance indicators and continuously implement improvements
- Support new product introduction during the development and launch lifecycle
- Implement disciple and controls to ensure that proper design release, change control and deviation processes are followed prior to manufacturing operations.
- Determine schedules, forecasts and budgets for people, equipment, supplies, facilities.
- Identify, develop, motivate and manage employees to ensure that the factory has a qualified and motivated workforce.
- Actively participate in the implementation of the company's strategies in a cross-functional manner.
- Strong planning, management, and organizing skills.
- Data driven analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong knowledge of lean production management, quality integration concepts and change implementation.
- Excellent knowledge of assembly processes, ERP systems, and material flow related to vehicle manufacturing.
- Knowledge of assembly line design, tools, equipment and testing in a mass production assembly environment.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment with purchasing, engineering, sales, quality, finance, human resources and other stake holders within the organization to achieve overall company objectives.
- Ability to resolve issues and deliver results without compromising on company's principles
- Excellent communication skills adapted to all levels of the organization
- Bachelor's Degree (operations, manufacturing, industrial engineering or other related major).
- Experience in supervising a manufacturing facility with a track record of leading teams to successful product delivery.
- 5 to 10 years of increasing responsibility in operations or production management in a manufacturing industry.
- Passion for the mission of the company, needs of customers, and quality; flexibility to adapt to, and improve a growing organization.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.