Job Number: 2170973
Direct Hire Manufacturing Planner
Location: Hayward, CA
~ DIRECT HIRE full benefits package, annual bonus, and set schedule!!~
The Production Planner is responsible for proactively maintaining and continuously improving the day to day production schedule. The Planner creates schedules based upon the production plan, the process descriptions, the available equipment and room asset capabilities and the available labor resources. Qualified candidates will have previous experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry with working knowledge of Downstream Processing (DSP).
- Create, track and maintain detailed manufacturing schedules, providing direction to operations staff and visibility to stakeholders (E&T, QC, SCM and QA)
- Evaluate schedule requests to determine of the schedule request may be accommodated within relevant constraints and information.
- Optimize schedule by balancing demand, schedule sequence and efficient resource utilization.
- Keep the production schedule up to date at all times.
- Generate KPI and operational measures to identify trends or root causes for schedule delays.
- Ability to influence Operations, Supply Chain and functional leaders to support schedule improvements and recommendations.
- Experience with DSP- Down Stream Processing
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define metrics (KPIs) and identify issues through root cause analysis
- Competent using MS project, excel, and SAP systems
- AS/ BS in a Science related discipline preferred
- Minimal 3-4yrs related experience
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.