Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Location: Santa Cruz
- Salary: Negotiable per hour
- Job Type:Contract
Posted 24 days ago
Job Number: 2162615
Primary Job Function:
The manufacturing engineer is responsible for providing manufacturing support for existing products in production and for developing and introducing new products and equipment.
* Designing and developing manufacturing procedures, tooling, and fixtures that result in sufficient capacity to meet customer demand while also promoting product quality process efficiency, and operator safety.
* Providing production line support including, but not limited to, implementing process improvements, troubleshooting equipment, and addressing operator inquiries.
* Generating and modifying manufacturing process documentation and assuring that manufacturing processes and related documentation follow established policies and procedures.
* Utilizing LEAN, Six Sigma, and other best practice tools and principles for day-to-day problem solving and continuous improvement.
* Assisting in identifying equipment needs on the production floor and evaluating internal and external options for sourcing such equipment.
* Generating and modify component and assembly drawings using Solid Works.
* Developing and releasing new products using customer or internal specifications.
* Writing and executing process and equipment validations (IQ/OQ/PQ).
* Working with R&D, Marketing, Quality, and Manufacturing Departments during the concept, prototyping, and release of new products.
* Working with the Internal Audit team to perform annual schedule of quality system audits.
* Working with external vendors as needed.
* Performing equipment maintenance by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures.
* Other assignments as requested.
* Supports Production Manager, or its designee, in design of processes and assembly of product.
* Train technicians and assemblers in new processes.
* Bachelors Degree/Technical Degree in Engineering, preferably mechanical or equivalent
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
* Candidate must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
* Medical device manufacturing experience (preferred but not required)
* Understanding of basic engineering principles.
* Knowledge of machine shop tool and all laboratory and technician practices and skills (refer to job descriptions for a complete listing).
* Polymer processing experience a plus.
* General knowledge of clean room manufacturing.
* Ability to communicate well through written and verbal means.
* Microsoft Office.
* Basic statistic knowledge
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.