Job Number: 2165534
Manufacturing Technician Components
Mountain View, CA
About The Role:
- Our team is looking for a Contract Manufacturing Technician to help assemble various components, perform tests and document testing results to support process development. The technician will assist the Component Team on the pilot builds and maintain assembly build schedules.
About The Work:
- Help build and deploy our fleet of autonomous vehicles and robots by building up the components that make these vehicles and robots work.
- Assemble, install, and test mechanical and electrical components for use on our robots.
- Perform diagnostic troubleshooting and testing of our vehicle and robotics systems including electrical and mechanical sensors, cameras, computers, and other associated equipment.
- Take the initiative to understand, communicate, and resolve vehicle issues related to safety, hardware, or maintenance.
- Document all vehicle tasks and issues in our FleetTracking system.
- Tracking and serialization of said components.
About You: Detail oriented, highly organized, with a passion for learning.
- Diagnostic experience with vehicle or robotics systems such as electrical and mechanical devices, sensors, computers, and other associated equipment.
- Ability to remain flexible with the changing needs of the business.
- Skillful with basic hand tools and following instructions to build components efficiently and correctly.
- Experience with PCBA work a plus.
- Experience with Linux operating system a plus.
- Experience working with High Voltage, EVs, or Autonomous Vehicles a plus.
- Automotive mechanic or hobbyist experience a plus.
- Electrical assembly, test, or manufacturing experience a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in hands-on work and/or electronic hobbyist
- Electronic board (PCBA) experience in handling ESD sensitive components
- Proficiency in basic computer skills such as Google Suite and navigating filesystems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and clearly communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other
- individuals and teams.
- Experience working with ISO requirements and manufacturing scale-up processes.
- Cleanroom practice
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.