Marketing Director - Spirits
- Location: Columbus
- Salary: US$90000.00 - US$120000.00 per year
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted 6 days ago
Job Number: 2173501
We are seeking a hybrid Marketing Director for an amazing spirits client to lead strategic and tactical brand plan development and implementation for the portfolio in the adult beverage industry. Must have adult beverage marketing experience.
As the Marketing Director, you will be responsible for leading and managing a variety of business-critical projects that drive growth against the spirits portfolio. The ideal candidate offers experience in spirits and is a dynamic and experienced individual who has a strong marketing (consumer and customer) background with the ability to create, develop and execute strategic marketing efforts in support of the brand and designated marketplace. This position will play a key role in inspiring creativity, while ensuring brand strategy and guidelines are consistent throughout key execution priorities. The Marketing Director must have a good understanding of its consumer target, customer, and distributor partners in order to develop strong tactical commercial and digital initiatives.
Seeking a self-motivated hands-on individual. The Director, Marketing will manage all aspects of trade marketing strategy and execution, for all channels (including off premise, on premise, national accounts & e-commerce), across the entire portfolio.
This exciting role requires a broadly skilled, analytical, and experienced marketing expert who is energized by delivering creative, breakthrough marketing initiatives informed by data and market insights and will report directly to the COO.
* 5-7 +years relevant Sales and/or Marketing experience within Beer, Wine, and Spirits industry
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related; MBA preferred
* Industry knowledge of depletions, sales, and retail data
* Understanding of omni-channel consumer journey; ability to translate marketing plans and tactics into memorable, compelling sales bullets
* Must have strong leadership ability with experience working with varying levels of seniority
* Commercially astute with focus on budget management and negotiation
* Ability to analyze and extract insights from data
* Experience/knowledge in emerging digital/social media platforms
* Excellent written, verbal, and virtual communication skills
* Expert in PowerPoint & Excel
* Self-Starter attitude, entrepreneurial and has the ability to move quickly in a fast-paced environment
* Creative, innovative, and positive thinker
* Team player willing to 'roll up their sleeves' and support the business
* Ability to think outside of the box and drive change, where needed
* Engaging, energetic, and thrives on seeing a vision through to reality
* Gets excited about having their "thumbprint" on building a brand and the growth that comes with an incredible marketing strategy
In this role you will, but not limited to:
* Annual Strategic Planning: Lead and drive the Annual Marketing Operating Plan.
* Shopper Marketing: Leveraging category, customer and consumer data, deliver creative customer marketing programs that breakthrough with the consumer, and accelerate brand velocity. Develop marketing materials to communicate promotions effectively and creatively, winning over consumers at the 'first moment of truth'.
* Digital Excellence: Establish a 'digital first' mindset in our holding our organization to a new standard of excellence.
* E-Commerce Strategy: Assist with E-Commerce go-to-market strategy, building programs with key e-commerce partners that connects consumer campaign strategy to DTC sales.
* Trade Engagement: Manage all trade engagement agency partners and experiential programs, ensuring events cut through and that our ROI meets agreed benchmarks.
* Trade Advocacy & Education: Establish trade advocacy strategy, working with agency partners and our ambassador to develop educational tools that drive trade education.
* Sales Standards: Leveraging data and insights, create wholesaler and customer facing presentations, playbooks, guidelines and selling materials that assist in the implementation of agreed marketing priorities.
* Agency Management: Manage agency priorities and contributions, and ensure effective communication, implementation, and execution of marketing programs with Sales and Distributor network.
* Budget Management: Responsible for all Advertising and Promotion budget management, including program management, budget reconciliations with vendors, and timely input of all budget-related invoices & data into planning systems to facilitate budget-tracking by the organization at a higher level.
* Analysis and Reporting: Report market and competitor trends to identify core business threats / opportunities, working with market sales teams. Analyze and report key marketing metrics with a view of continuous spend optimization and marketing program efficiency.
* Key member of new product development and emerging brands development cycle.
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD and D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.