- Location: Rohnert Park
- Salary: US$15.75 - US$17.33 per hour per hour
- Job Type:Contract
Posted 15 days ago
Job Number: 2155874
Job Title: Material Handler
Location: Rohnert Park
Temp to HIre, Day and Swing shift available
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Responsible for inventory activities for components and finished goods. Interacts with production and other support groups. Packs and unpacks material for internal transit and external shipments. Assembles kits for production and issues material. Uses Manifest system and ERP system. Responsible for inventory accuracy, and data accuracy in the ERP system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Pick component parts to be issued to the production floor to insure consistent flow and availability of materials to Assembly personnel. Perform routine inventory counts using the appropriate counting method including hand counts, scale counts and pre-counted trays or carriers to safeguard accuracy. Input paperwork into JDE accurately when entire kit is ready for the production floor.
2. Receive materials from suppliers (vendors, i.e.) or internal departments (machine shop, i.e.). Also receives deliveries for the rest of IDEX Health and Science Rohnert Park and distributes them to appropriate parties. Deliveries from suppliers must be, counted accurately, packing slips matched to purchase order, and all paperwork entered in the JDE properly. Move materials to inspection or shelve in picking bin as required.
3. Review notification paperwork to determine whether to pick and ship from finished goods inventory, utilizing proper picking and packing procedures. Audit orders as required and input all paperwork into the JDE. Input shipping information into the UPS or Fed Ex computer systems or process other paperwork as necessary for individual shipping requirements.
4. Assist internal customers at the warehouse door. On a case-by-case basis identifies problems, completes proper paperwork, secures parts as needed, and inputs paperwork into the JDE.
5. Move bulk issue items and point of use items to the production floor to facilitate assembly process. Insure accurate counts and data entry when paperwork requires. Picks up and retrieves empty bins or cards and refills them as needed. Delivers materials to the appropriate work cell.
6. Perform physical inventory per inventory procedure. Assist in resolving discrepancies as requested.
7. Offer suggestions to improve the flow of materials into, through and out of the stockroom.
8. Other projects as assigned by the Warehouse Supervisor or Materials Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Knowledge/Education & Experience:
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum four years shipping, receiving and warehousing experience. Plus minimum of one year of data entry input
· Knowledge of material handling and materials management practices.
· Knowledge of shipping, receiving and warehousing techniques.
· Thorough knowledge of inventory management systems, bin location systems, and inventory accuracy practices.
· Knowledge of counting methods including electronic scales.
· Experience in an environment dedicated to continuous improvement.
· Proven competence in all of the basic functions noted above, with a minimum of six months experience
· Good fine motor skills with ability to count and pack components.
· Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
· Requires basic math skills, addition and subtraction.
· Computer data entry skills at a level required to correctly input paperwork into inventory management system.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· General exposure to office, manufacturing, laboratory, and machine shop environments.
· Safety glasses and adhering to general safety practices required.
· Exposure to general production equipment and machine shop noise levels.
· Some exposure and handling of hazardous chemicals and gases. #IND-SRO
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.