Job Number: 2162870
Material Planner (Temporary: 3 - 6 months)
Napa, CA (Remote)
A leading company in the wine industry is looking for a Material Planner for a temporary project
- Generating purchase orders for required dry goods based on production plan, forecasts, service levels, lead times and stock on hand as needed.
- Maintaining delivery dates, and other order information as appropriate in JDE.
- Supporting initiatives to reduce COGs that could include running analysis on the data in production systems to identify, communicate and report stock management issues as they arise.
- Monitoring inventory and manage movements as needed.
- Supporting run out plans, including effectivity dates in BOMs, to identify and resolve slow moving and obsolete stock items.
- Providing information to support the NPD Process and implement New Products to required timescales.
- Supporting procurement teams by providing analysis into supplier's performance.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Experience in supply chain, purchasing, new product development
- knowledge of procurement processes in a manufacturing or consumer packaged goods environment
- Strong analytical skills and a pragmatic eye for cost reduction and efficiency.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.