Member Relations Specialist
- Location: Sacramento
- Salary: US$22.38 - US$24.32 per hour
- Job Type:Temp to Hire
Posted 22 days ago
Job Number: 2172079
To perform a wide variety of complex clerical duties related to Membership Services. Interpret, research, and process membership applications and correspondence. Respond to inquiries from members. Provide resolutions to membership related issues including dues payments.
Receives general supervision from the Membership Processing Supervisor. Methods of performing duties are usually left to the judgment of the employee with a supervisor giving occasional instructions, advice, and decisions. Work is reviewed occasionally while in progress and upon completion.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES - May include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Receives, organizes and disseminates information related to Member Services. Performs customer service functions. Tracks information through established systems.
* Determines membership eligibility, calculates dues, establishes member billing and demographic data on complex database.
* Updates membership database records from a variety of sources, including application forms, correspondence, address change forms, e-mail and phone calls.
* Reviews member billing records; researches discrepancies, makes necessary adjustments; bills members for shortages; processes refunds.
* Authorizes and coordinates monthly payroll deductions with school district payroll offices.
* Composes routine letters and memos related to assignment.
* Performs a wide variety of general clerical work including filing, checking and recording information and photocopying material. Collates and assembles documents for mailing.
* Operates a variety of office equipment including computer and copier.
* Coordinates work flow with other offices and departments as necessary. May act as relief receptionist.
* Assists Membership Supervisor with annual year end process and assists other colleagues as needed.
* May attend conferences, workshops and meetings to recruit members and provide information on the association.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Some travel may be required (up to 5%)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge of:
* Basic mathematical and accounting calculations/procedures.
* Proficiency in database and Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
* English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation; business letter writing.
* Record keeping principles and procedures.
* Provide excellent customer service.
* Multi-task with time-sensitive deadlines.
* Analyze data and make decisions without immediate supervision.
* Prioritize assignments, work independently and accurately in compiling, organizing, and preparing time sensitive information including drafting letters.
* Compile and maintain complex and extensive records and files.
* Accurately keyboard and/or perform data entry accurately.
* Understand and easily adapt to new technologies supported by the association including software, cloud & equipment used.
* Detail oriented.
* Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with members of association, the general public, other staff and work as a team member.
* Be punctual and dependable.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
* Three years of increasingly responsible experience performing clerical and/or accounting duties including data entry, data analysis and data research.
* Customer service experience preferred.
* Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade. Supplemental courses in computer record keeping preferred.
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.