National Accounts Director
- Location: Texas City
- Salary: US$200000.00 - US$205000.00 per year
- Job Type:Remote
Posted 27 days ago
Job Number: 2178976
This is a strategic sales role that will ensure delivery of annual goals in the on and off-premise chain segment. The candidate will possess strong knowledge of product and relationships with major national accounts. Relationships with Breakthru a plus.
Flexible on location.
Providing strategic leadership, setting aggressive expectations, ensuring strong execution, and holding all stakeholders accountable to maximize chain business.
* Develops influential relationships with key National On and Off premise buyers and senior managers through regular sales calls. Conduct top to top meetings to include senior leaders within our client, our distributors and our key account customers
* Collaborate with sales managers and distributor key account executive teams to develop strategies to meet shared goals.
* Facilitate the development of impactful presentations focusing on the brand and SKU priorities.
* Provide consistent and regular communication with our management.
* Analyze sales statistics and recommend changes to all distributor chain teams in order to maximize our presence in the marketplace.
* Partner with National Chain Accounts to understand their needs and sales goals while supporting them with the necessary tools using our portfolio to help them execute their category strategy.
* Monitor the channel environment and be a subject matter expert on trends and developments as it relates to consumer insights, future growth, and new selling ideas.
* Be familiar with competition and remain apprised of market trends and development within specific product categories, geographic regions, and National Accounts.
* Provide timely and accurate weekly/monthly territory progress reports to pertinent personnel.
* Attend corporate sales planning meetings and provide management with suggestions to improve distribution and sales across the National Account network.
* Develop relationships with buyers and members of the trade through participation in food/wine and industry related events
Required Education and Experience
* BA/BS degree and 5 years of field sales experience in the wine and spirits industry
* 5 years' management experience
* Strong experience calling on chains at the headquarter level
* Strong knowledge of National Accounts both on and off premise
* Planning, organization, and knowledge of chain business
* Understanding and ability to improve and grow sales in all areas of the business
* Knowledge of retail category management concepts
* Advanced training in sales skills.
* Leadership ability to provide relationship management, development, and team building with your peers
* Strong communication and presentation skills. Must have the ability to interact with all levels of management and personnel
* Experience in preparing written presentations, reports, and pricing strategy for all sales channels
* Strong strategic analysis skills
* Strong proficiency in Nielsen data, IRI data, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, as well as knowledge of Diver Trade Pulse and iDig (VIP)
* Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a regular basis.
* This position has frequent travel requirements outside the local area and overnight. Occasional travel is international.
* Able to travel and work during some weekends or evenings as necessary
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life AD&D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.