- Location: Concord
- Salary: US$80000.00 - US$85000.00 per year year
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted 23 days ago
Job Number: 2170832
The Security and Networking Technician is an active and integral member of the IT team. Every device is plugged into a power outlet and data cable of some kind. It is the IT department's responsibility to maintain those devices and lines of communication. The reliability and scalability of every network are founded on its network strength and quality. Therefore strict low voltage rules & regulations, as well as strict organization skills, must be followed to succeed in this role.
· Operates a variety of tools, such as hand tools, power tools, ladders, scissor lifts, and test equipment
· Keeps cable neatly dressed in and bundled while maintaining safety standard
· Make a detailed log any time an install, repair, or update of a system is executed. Name of site and address, as well as what kind of system they installed and what materials are used. Keep a detailed inventory of all parts and materials, as well as anything used and anything ordered. Also, make a note of problems, malfunctions, and repairs.
· Prepare estimates to determine what tools and materials they need to install or repair a system, along with the likely cost and time for completion. Submit documentation to IT Director for approval.
· Read drawings, schematics, blueprints, and other visual aids that tell them where and how to install each component of the system.
Diagnose problems by running several diagnostic tests to determine whether there's an issue with the wiring or a part or if the entire system requires replacement.
Configure, maintain, and fix issues with the data network, telephony systems, security NVR systems, and associated technologies
Instruct users how to use the systems, including security NVR, access control, and telephony systems
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); OR six months related experience
· Knowledge of hand and power tools required for Low Voltage Cabling
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and short correspondence
· Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and problem-solving skills
· Must be willing to work occasional overtime and be ready to travel as the need arises.
· Should be able to work in small spaces and at varying heights and be required to climb ladders
· Should be able to work with a team or independently
· Knowledge of assembling, installing, and arranging material and equipment, explaining and verifying service orders, drawings, specifications, particular needs, and instructions, running, pull, stop and splice copper and fiber optic cables, such as CAT6, low voltage cables, and fiber, mount telecom equipment while adhering to best practices, industry standards (EIA, BICSI, NEC or TIA), and manufacturer requirements, aid in arranging routers, hubs, install support structures, including racks, ladders, and j-hooks, and switches using data provided by all teams within the organization
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.