NYC Spirits Market Manager
- Location: New York
- Salary: Negotiable year
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted 7 months ago
Job Number: 2165338
We have a client seeking a NYC Spirits Market Manager.
The position will be responsible for covering On & Off Premise accounts in the NYC marketplace. This spirits savvy individual will ideally have a documented sales track record, strong relationship skills, goal oriented, and highly motivated with 3+ years of experience. Responsible for maximizing the sales of our brands to the trade through effective territory planning, selling, merchandising and communicating that permits achievement of company and supplier objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Call on targeted accounts and develop detailed CSR of account needs and opportunities.
* Analyze entire account base by visiting distributor accounts through work withs and independently to identifying opportunities; complete all necessary surveys to ensure proper merchandising wherever applicable.
* Survey the market; know and understand primary competition, and how they are situated within the market.
* Develop new business and maintain existing distributor rep/manager and trade relationships.
* Serve as an authority on product knowledge expert for the portfolio; with a passion for storytelling and effectively communicate product details
* Attain standards of performance goals, by achieving the distribution placement, volume and depletion goals of our brands as set by management.
* Ensure maximum brand visibility within accounts by maintaining account standards as determined by management, and using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
* Educate distributor staff on priority brands by administering educational staff training seminars.
* Pour at trade and consumer tastings to provide informed product knowledge
* 85% of this job is spent in the field
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.