Job Number: 2174507
Job Title: Office Manager
: General Summary: The Office Manager is responsible for assisting with the efficient operation of the office and managing the accounting functions at their designated school site. Position provides administrative assistance to the Principal, school staff and students by managing the school's financial records and transactions, answering/screening phone calls, preparing correspondence and other written communication, receiving and responding to inquiries and requests, supervising projects, handling confidential information and other related duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work in collaboration with Central Office to ensure that rules are being followed and expectations are being met.
· Intake and accounting of money for after school program and lunch program. Perform financial duties for the school site.
· Handling bookkeeping for parent/school organizations and attending budget/bookkeeping-related meetings/committees/workshops.
· Provide administrative support to the principal and school personnel by answering phones composing and typing correspondence.
· Assist with monitoring building visitors, visitor sign-in procedures and building activities including crisis situations such as building evacuations, lockdowns, emergency situations and safety procedures.
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned, including providing back-up coverage to other positions.
· Prepare deposits in an efficient manner to be turned in to the Central Office staff.
· Word processing methods, techniques and programs, including spreadsheet and database operations.
· Communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
· Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
· Supervisory and office management skills preferred.
· Knowledge of District and school policies and procedures preferred.
· Accounting and bookkeeping skills.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities with frequent interruptions.
· Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
· Ability to promote and follow FSE policies, school site and department procedures.
· Modern office practices, methods and equipment, including computer equipment.
· Principles and procedures of record keeping
· Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires sitting, walking, and standing. This job is performed in a busy school site that should maintain a clean and healthy environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of office management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and able to type 35 words per minute.
- Complete command of the English language, written and oral.
Criminal Justice/Fingerprint Clearance
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD and D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.