Job Number: 2172251
Family-owned importer and distributor headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area with satellite offices in Kansas, New Jersey, Portugal and Thailand that markets private label products to retail grocery chains, national brands and food-service accounts. For 65 years and three generations, The company has sourced exclusive private label programs at competitive prices for the global consumables industry focusing on seafood, fruits, vegetables, coconut, meats, pet products and non-foods.
Due to explosive growth, they are seeking a full time Packaging Project Manager that is highly driven and self-motivated to work in a fast-paced and fast-growing environment.
What is the purpose of this role?
In this role, the Packaging Project Coordinator plans, coordinates, and manages the execution of various design projects, ensuring adherence to all project performance targets. This role gathers project requirements, establishes project plans, confirms cost structures and oversees the overall execution of the project. The Project Manager interacts with various teams, departments, suppliers and clients to ensure the project maintains its critical path.
What are the essential duties of this role?
- Collects, analyzes and understands project requirements from the sales/sourcing team, client and suppliers.
- Develops and maintains project plans, including documentation of project scope, objectives, deliverables, key milestones, timelines, schedules, internal and external resources, project dashboards, etc.
- Communicates the project status, requirements, and structure across the Project Management team and all necessary departments.
- Defines potential problems and suggest alternatives based upon cost implications, time constraints, and customer quality standards.
- Analyzes the project's cost structure with the President and any significant deviations from the approved cost structure.
- Collaborates with manufacturing, sales/marketing, and purchasing teams in project definition, feasibility, and approval process.
- Manages day-to-day progress of projects including risk assessment and problem resolution.
- Conducts project reviews according to prescribed process/structure.
- Serves as the main day-to-day contact on current projects for internal project teams, clients and suppliers.
- Attends project planning meetings as needed; serves as subject matter expert regarding workflow, processes, capacity, timelines, etc.
- Assists with the implementation of workflow management and reporting tools focusing on quality, profitability, efficiency, and productivity.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to develop and/or adapt processes, policies, and workflows to improve efficiency, accuracy, speed, quality, etc.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of employee(s) to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished. Mentors, coaches, trains and develops team.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to create clear and organized art files for print.
- Knowledge of printing techniques for packaging.
- Prior experience with prioritizing and maintaining a multi project schedule.
- Prior experience in streamlining and maintaining production processes.
- Keep an updated library of resources for imagery, talent, materials, vendors, samples, etc. that we can access as designs are developed to keep our image fresh and stay competitive in the marketplace.
- Manages tasks and schedules to meet deliverable dates
- Tracks revisions of art files and provides status updates on assigned projects
- Additional duties as assigned.
What are the key attributes/skills being sought for this role?
- Required knowledge/background: FDA Food Labeling Guidance, Regulations, and RACC's
- 2+ years project management experience
- High degree of proficiency Adobe Illustrator (AI), MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships internally and externally to clients and suppliers
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.