Job Number: 2177205
Job Title: Patient Account Representative II Location:
Palo Alto, CA Compensation:
$25.00 - $28.00 per hour Job Title: Patient Account Representative II
- Account Reps: Follows up on unpaid accounts in patient accounting systems with the payers either by phone or via websites. Works payer denials based on claim process adjudication; Review accounts for possible underpayments; research contracts, guidelines and resolve payment with payer. Perform appeals with payer. Performs bad debt request transfers as applicable. Performs or requests adjustment and contractual write offs as applicable.
- Billers: Reviews EPIC worklists and edits accounts as needed; Reviews Cirius claim edits and resolves edits; Reviews and resolves electronic acknowledgement payer rejections/denials; Rebills claims based on requests from Follow Up reps due to denials received. Resends claim as needed.
- Cash Posting Reps: Posts payments; Work EPIC undistributed payment worklist; Posts adjustments related to payments. Processes refunds for accounts payable. Posts payment transfers from professional billing to hospital billing.
- Data Control Reps: Enters charges; Reviews EPIC worklist accounts with charge issues and resolves; Researches charge issues and follows up with departments as needed. Complete charge corrections including adding diagnosis, transferring or reversing charges, combining accounts.
- Patient Advocacy Reps: Completes and processes charity applications; Reviews and validates high dollar self pay accounts before outsourcing to outside vendor; Handles patient calls and complaints. Requests referral of accounts to bad debt as applicable.
- Maintains professional communication with various PFS staff, medical center staff, payors, physicians, and patients regarding the billing of services rendered at Stanford Medical Center. Communication may consist of telephone, correspondence, or in person contact.
- Meets weekly individual productivity goals and standards while following planned priorities as set by the Team.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and interpret institutional and other policies accurately
- Ability to gather, analyze, and display data in appropriate format and keep accurate records
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to perform basic mathematics
- Ability to plan, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of accounts receivable system like SMS, IDX, or Meditech
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area
- Knowledge of medical reimbursement policies and procedures
- Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance claim procedures common to medical billing and accounts receivable operations
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Medicare, Medi-Cal, Worker's Comp or
- Managed Care (HMO,PPO,POS, etc)
- Knowledge of principles and practices of customer service and telephone courtesy
$25.00 - $28.00 per hour Job Title: Patient Account Representative II Location:
Palo Alto, CA Compensation:
$25.00 - $28.00 per hour
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD and D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.