* Greets and welcomes patients and assists them with initial questions regarding appointments, payments, schedules, etc.
* Answers multi-line phone, screens and routes calls, takes messages for clinic staff and physicians Assures appropriate verifications and authorizations are complete before patient sees provider.
* Communicate with providers regarding scheduling preferences, and ability to respond to urgent patient needs.
* Provide doctor-patient support using reference documents and tools.
* Carry out various administrative tasks, including maintaining information and paging directory databases, and processing internal forms.
* Utilize all functionality of the telephone system and electronic medical records systems in performing assigned job tasks.
* Meet/Exceed organizational and department service standards.
* Answers non-clinical CRMs, escalating where appropriate.
* Answers non-clinical patient messages, escalating where appropriate.
* Managing and distributing faxes, mail, and filing of clinic-specific documentation.
* Working with care teams, patients, and outside facilities to obtain necessary information, diagnostic imaging, pathology, and other vital information required for care.
* Assures appropriate verifications and authorizations are complete before patient sees provider, in addition to preparing patient medical records for clinic appointments.
* Assists patients and physicians in scheduling ancillary tests before and after clinic visits.
* Assists patients and physicians by scheduling treatment appointments for patients, including surgery, ITA, radiology, etc.
* Ensures that all scheduled patients are eligible for services requested and /or determines patient eligibility.
* Informs patient's authorization and collects payment for new and returning patients, using the scheduling system.
* Coordinates care by scheduling, editing and maintaining routine patient physician appointments for new and returning patients.
* High School Diploma/GED
* 1+ years' experience working in healthcare setting (i.e. hospital, medical / dental office, nursing facilities etc.) or
* 2+ years' experience working in customer service within a nonhealthcare industry (hospitality, public relations, banking, concierge services, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Basic PC Skills (Windows, Excel, and Word)
* Good communication, customer service, interpersonal skills and cross cultural competency.
* Working knowledge of EPIC or other patient database
* Ability to foster relationships, build trust with providers, nurses, staff, and patients and to work in a collegial team environment and stressful interactions
* Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work independently with attention to detail and deadlines scheduling and ITA scheduling.
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area
* Ability to speak and write effectively at a level appropriate for the job
* Ability to provide customer service, solve problems, and manage multiple priorities.
* Knowledge of Windows-based office software, computers and operating systems
* Ability to adjust communications to fit the needs and level of understanding of the receiver
* Ability to exercise calmness in stressful situations.
Compensation: $25.00 - $28.00 per hour Job Title: Patient Administrative Specialist Location: Redwood City, CA Compensation: $25.00 - $28.00 per hour
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD and D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.