Job Number: 2156723
Santa Rosa, CA
Our client in Sonoma County is seeking a full-time Payroll Manager, who will be responsible for biweekly payroll and all related payroll activities.
- Biweekly payroll processing for 150+ employees over 4 payroll instances including time clock imports, and documented register approval flow for timely processing and payment
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, human resources, and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data
- Prepare related payroll vendor payables and reporting supporting 401K EE and ER match reporting for transfer, garnishments, FSA, etc.
- Input of all changes to benefits deductions, salaries, garnishments, and tax withholdings.
- Process expense report reimbursement with payroll as needed
- Partner with HR on keeping accurate payroll data inclusive of onboarding, offboarding, and compensation adjustments in accordance with procedural approvals as required
- Manage and audit paid time off, and related accrual calculations
- Maintains accurate records of payroll documentation and transactions
- Resolves payroll related issues and answers questions in a timely manner taking a customer service approach when communicating with employees
- Partner with payroll service provider on new code setups, technical updates, and open cases for resolution
- Keep up to date on current payroll laws, specifically local ordinances, CA payroll laws, and federal wage and hour laws as applicable
- Document payroll processes and procedures and make recommendations on improvements including development of payroll internal controls and documented procedures
- Support workers compensation reporting, audits, and related functions outside HR
- Prepares payroll reports for HR, accounting, management as needed for financial and auditing purposes
- 3 years experience as a payroll administrator with full-cycle payroll processes; payroll experience in a comparable multiple entity company environment preferred
- Public company accounting experience strongly preferred; SOX exposure preferred
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business or related area; equivalent combination of education/experience
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal and state wage and labor laws
- Intermediate Excel skills a plus
- Ability to organize, track and manage a variety of concurrent activities and projects; detail oriented
- Strong organizational, time management, analytical, problem solving skills
- Adaptable and able to manage shifting priorities effectively; ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter; self-directed and able to work independently as well as an effective part of a team
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.