Job Number: 2173206
Redwood City, CA
- Serve as the central contact for creating, distributing, and tracking purchase orders across multiple departments.
- Perform detailed reviews of purchase requisitions and contracts to ensure proper authorization, purchasing method and financial account coding, in line with corresponding Company policies.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve all aspects of the procurement function, including the timeliness and reliability of purchases, number of policy exceptions, and accuracy of associated financial metrics.
- Manage supplier relationships; track supplier performance, supply/availability, pricing, and related product/service quality.
- Interact directly with suppliers to negotiate purchasing discounts and other cost-saving measures.
- Take responsibility for vendor onboarding including vendor due diligence, documentation, and set-up in our Oracle ERP system.
- Proactively resolve issues with vendors and internal business partners using organizational savvy, critical thinking skills and effective communications.
- Research past due and/or mismatched invoices and assist in reconciling invoices to PO's for payment.
- Review travel and expense report submissions for compliance with company policies and proper account coding
- Manage ad-hoc procurement projects and reporting activities.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, supply chain or business management (is highly preferred)
- 2 to 4 years of procurement experience
- Highly motivated and committed to improving processes
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal) and project management skills
- Committed to working from the office a minimum of three days a week
- An agile worker who can adapt to shifting business needs
- Comfortable managing and reporting on multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to concisely communicate escalations, requirements and issues to suppliers, peers, management, and customers with clarity
- Experience with Oracle Cloud Fusion (is highly preferred)
- Experience with life sciences (is preferred)
- Procurement qualifications/certifications (CPM, CPSM - is a plus)
- Work at a publicly traded company subject to SOX control environment (is highly preferred)
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.