Job Number: 2157486
Production Manager-Manufacturing & Assembly Plant
Union City, CA
In this role you will be responsible for managing the operations of assigned production areas to ensure that schedule volume, labor and material costs and ensure quality standards are achieved. Ensures physical and workforce resources are adequate to meet the organizations production schedule. Manages the activities of production personnel including workflow, assembly methods and workforce utilization.
Familiar with lean manufacturing concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to the Director of Manufacturing.
- Manage activities in Manufacturing Operations through production supervisors, leads, and key technicians
- Manage and resolve technical and compliance issues with other departments such as Quality, Engineering, Lean Operations, Purchasing/Materials Management, Facilities, and Training
- Develop plan to determine how to use resources to meet schedule and goals. Manage weekly and monthly goals and schedules and set priorities
- Manage timely and effective review of manufacturing productivity /error metric records, processing and testing records
- Responsible for identifying and implementing staff development in areas such as required training, technical skills, safety, performance management
- Identify the technical, procedural and equipment issues that may compromise production and compliance, working closely with cross-functional groups to identify and implement solutions
- Represent the department in reviewing and approving all production related documentation requiring approval such as process validation protocols and final reports, documentation change requests, engineering and facility change requests
- Ensure maintenance of a safe manufacturing work environment that complies with company regulations
- Assist with site budgets and strategic staffing plans
- Identify best lean manufacturing practices to optimize current operations
- Perform and manage the preparation of effective performance reviews and development plans for staff
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in manufacturing processing and/or assembly areas, with proven expertise in those processes
- Requires a thorough knowledge of manufacturing operations and the ability to learn other aspects of the organization.
- Ability to set priorities and to be self-disciplined and consistent
- Experience in assisting in the transfer of new technology from process development (internal or external) to manufacturing operations
- Ability to develop and implement action steps and follow through; set expectations and hold employees accountable
- Professional level communication skills: verbal, written, presentation
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the facility, ranging from hourly employees to the Director of Manufacturing
- Professional level computer software skills; Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to remain calm and direct staff under fast paced and/or stressful environment
- Excellent management skills and ability to adapt approach based upon the career level of direct reports
- Exceptional attention to detail, as well as organizational skills, including the ability to plan and multitask
- Team player, willing to help with tasks to meet the overall corporate strategic goals
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.