Responsible for supervising all aspects of production for assigned shift. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers, and management.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
* Supervise 10-13 machine operators. Must be bi-lingual in English and Spanish.
* Train all operators in machine operation, safety procedures and quality control.
* Responsible for first level of maintenance on all equipment used by machine operators.
* Must be organized, efficient, able to meet deadlines, mechanically inclined, have the skills to use basic tools, strong communication skills and the ability to work as a team.
* Conduct and/or supervise all mold changes, including machine settings for optimum speed and quality.
* Accurate and timely completion of all required paperwork including run sheets, box labels, production reports, safety, and accident reports, etc.
* Get and store raw material and molds from storage areas when needed and keep those areas neat and clean at all times.
* Assure that a neat and clean debris free environment exists in the production area at all times.
* Assure efficient use of resources, material & labor to maximize output with minimum loss, while maintaining high quality and safety levels.
* Communicate with the Production Manager on a daily basis any problems, conflicts, or issues that may have an effect on the morale or production output of the shift.
* Other duties as required.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records (if applicable) Job Title: Production Supervisor Location: North Sacramento Compensation: $18.00-$19.00 DOE
Minimum Qualifications and Characteristics:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
* 1 to 2 years supervisory experience
* Bi-lingual preferred
* Lift up to 50lbs.
* Forklift experience preferred
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.