Job Number: 2165414
The Production Supervisor is primarily responsible for supervising the Production Area Supervisors to ensure the timely completion of production, assembly, testing, repair and overhaul of customer owned product and all after-market customer support. This includes all field service, warranty, and after-market sales support.
- Ensure on time assembly of compressors, sub-assemblies and associated parts and pieces within budget and of the highest quality.
- Provide support to field services and warranty support for the After-Market Services Department. Respond to AMS requests for parts and repair quotes in a manner to ensure maximum profitability of overhaul and repair sales.
- Supply overhaul repair material and labor estimates for products.
- Direct overhaul and repair functions of specified Facility.
- Provide for the safety of all employees.
- Provide cross training to Shop Employees at specified location. Ensure qualified staff is assigned to each area of operation. Provide training as necessary.
- Maintain facilities and equipment. Establish and maintain preventive maintenance schedules for vehicles and equipment assigned to the specified facility. Respond to repair and maintenance of facilities, equipment, and vehicles, including the use of outside services.
- Provide test monitoring.
- Ensure each employee has an adequate level of supplies and tools for completion of assigned production. Prepare requisitions for materials, tools, and supplies to meet the needs of the plant as directed by the Manufacturing Manager.
- Facilitate and ensure effective communication within the Shop and between each department.
- Read and understand the plans and specifications for all assigned production projects.
- Attend regularly scheduled production meetings as directed by the Manufacturing Manager.
- Schedule and assign shop personnel to all production and overhaul projects. Monitor the progress of production daily and take corrective action to maintain schedules.
- Monitor work in-progress to ensure conformance to set labor standards.
- Monitor the expenses of the assigned area monthly and take corrective action to ensure compliance with established budget levels.
- Delegate any portion to other supervisory personnel to meet department requirements.
- Perform all other duties in the best interest of the company or as directed by the Director of Manufacturing and the Manufacturing Manager.
- All Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor's Degree, technical school or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Five years supervisory experience in manufacturing of mechanical devices.
- Ability to read and understand structural drawings, schematics, and operating manuals. Preferred: Welding to Mil-Std-278 and Mil-Std-248.
- Ability to perform calculations such as percentages, ratios, and fractions.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to adapt to a variety of software applications. Ability to understand the use and application of air and gas compressors and generators and basic manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to communicate with others to exchange information both orally and in writing.
- Advanced course work or degree in business management or related field. Specific experience in the manufacture of air and gas compressors and generators.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.